Who needs Village Inn when you can make your own coconut cream pie? Seriously, this is almost a copy cat! I made it on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. It’s also a go-to now for family events. This recipe is tweaked a bit from the most commonly posted one. The main difference is less Cool-Whip and less milk. This makes the pie nice and thick, but not too thick. Enjoy!
Coconut Cream Pie
- 2 Boxes Jell-O Coconut Pudding (Instant)
- 1 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 3/4 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Container Cool-Whip Thawed in refrigerator
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flakes Optional - Toast them in oven until light brown
- 1 Each Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Let sit for 3 minutes. Add the shredded coconut and lightly stir it in. Pour this mixture into an already made graham cracker pie crust. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Once pudding mixture has set (4 hours in refrigerator), cover the top with Cool-Whip.
- Optional: top it off with toasted coconut flakes. Slice and serve!