When fresh cauliflower is on sale it’s a main side dish at our house for 3 or more meals that week. Steaming it in the microwave is the fastest and easiest way to prep it, especially since we are only making 2-3 servings.
- 1 cup Cauliflower (fresh)
- 2 tbs water
- Prepare the cauliflower by cutting it off the head and washing it.
- Place cauliflower in a microwavable dish. Add the water.
- Cover the dish (with a lid or with plastic wrap with a few small holes in it) and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 1 minute. Be careful! The dish will be hot!
*cooking times may vary, depending on the microwave*